Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Muslims can live in harmony

Jacksonville.com reported
According to a Gallup Poll, four out of 10 Americans have admitted prejudice toward Islam and Muslims.

9/11 may have something to do with that.
Unfortunately, a recent letter writer suffers from the same malaise. Fom the dawn of Islam, Muslims have adapted to live in harmony in large multicultural societies.
As long as they don't want to bring alcohol into their cabs, or expect them to touch pork products when checking out of a grocery store.
The third largest Muslim population in the world now lives in India, accounting for fewer than 20 percent of its population.
And even there there are muslims stiring up problems. But instead of a land where they are outnumbered 5 to 1, what about Indonesia, where their law calls for all religions to be respected, even though the population is 90% muslim. How are the other 10% treated. Why are there calls for Sharia Law to apply to everyone.
If Islam commanded conversion at the point of a sword, would Muslims still be a minority after eight centuries of uninterrupted rule?
When you are outnumbered 5 to 1, trying to kill everyone with a sword is difficult.
Look no further than Spain to learn that, despite over six centuries of Muslim rule, it was the intolerant Christian Inquisition that gave Muslims and Jews three options, convert to Christianity, leave Spain or die.
Islam did not control all of Spain, just part of it, and it was based on what they did during the six centuries that caused them to be kicked out.
Today, despite the mosque in Cordova being one of the most beautiful in the world, no Muslim prayers are allowed there.
And are Christian prayers allowed in the Hagia Sophia or many other former churches or sites of churches in the Islamic world. Can Jews pray at the top of Temple Mount?
A recent poll by the Council on American-Islamic Relations shows the American Muslim population to be both young and highly educated. Sixty-two percent have obtained a bachelor's degree or higher, which is double the comparable national figure for registered voters. The survey results also show that Muslims are already well integrated in American society. Eighty-nine percent said they vote regularly; 86 percent said they celebrate the Fourth of July; and 64 percent said they fly the U.S. flag. Forty-two percent said they volunteer for institutions serving the public (compared to 29 percent nationwide in 2005).
Do they volunteer for secular organizations or just for muslim organizations
Eighty-four percent said Muslims should strongly emphasize shared values with Christians and Jews.
Really, even though the Qur'an
3:28 says Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends rather than believers; and whoever does this, he shall have nothing of (the guardianship of) Allah, but you should guard yourselves against them, guarding carefully; and Allah makes you cautious of (retribution from) Himself; and to Allah is the eventual coming.
Seventy-seven percent said Muslims worship the same God as Christians and Jews do.
Really? Haven't the other twenty-three percent read the Qur'an
29:46 says "And dispute ye not with the People of the Book, except with means better (than mere disputation), unless it be with those of them who inflict wrong (and injury): but say, "We believe in the revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you; Our Allah and your Allah is one; and it is to Him we bow (in Islam)." "
The letter writer's assertion that Muslims want Shariah law to displace the U.S. Constitution is pernicious. The U.S. Constitution is consistent with aims and objectives of Islamic Shariah.
Even though Sharia denies of freedom of conscience, does not allow for equal rights for women, and calls for inequality for non-Muslims.


pst314 said...

"When you are outnumbered 5 to 1, trying to kill everyone with a sword is difficult."

Furthermore, as muslims recognized from the first jihads, there is great profit in having a population of infidels that you can tax and exploit, and who dare not voice even the mildest protest lest they killed. And there is also the pleasure of having a class of legal inferiors on whom you can mistreat whenever one is feeling grumpy.

Don Singleton said...

Makes logical sense.

Are muslims saying that if they are in the minority they dont mind paying a jizra tax that supports the country, and they dont mind being the minority that everyone can mistreat whenever one is feeling grumpy, or do those rules only apply when muslims are in control