Monday, April 02, 2007

Congress will fund Iraq war if Bush uses veto, Obama says

USATODAY reported If President Bush vetoes an Iraq war spending bill as promised, Congress quickly will provide the money without the withdrawal timeline the White House objects to because no lawmaker "wants to play chicken with our troops," Sen. Barack Obama said Sunday.

I am not surprised. I just wonder how much pork they will insist on adding to the bill.
"My expectation is that we will continue to try to ratchet up the pressure on the president to change course," the Democratic presidential candidate said in an interview with The Associated Press. "I don't think that we will see a majority of the Senate vote to cut off funding at this stage."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pork is absolutely nuts. I can't believe those who claim to be soooo worried about the troops wasting time and $$ on pet projects with this bill.