Monday, May 09, 2005

Palestinian Blogger

Feras blogged My blog is about the war and the fight between Israel and Palestine. And how it destroys the life of people who didn't want that. And the effect on the people. My problem started when I was a student at a university in Jordan. The war started, and I was in my second year of studying computer science. I fell in love, as typical for someone my age, and married, before I finished my studies. My father helped me as any Arabic family would. After I finished my studies, I decided to return to Palestine with my wife. But Israel refused to allow her in, and because of that I must stay in Jordan to be with my wife.

Did you seek to live in Israel itself, or in Gaza or the West Bank?
My father helped me too. He gave me money to start my life. The manager of the company I work with helped me too. With the money that my father gave me, I started, together with my uncle, a business to make sweets. It is good. However, the major problem was when God gave me a baby.
Having a baby should not be considered a problem. A challenge, perhaps, but a Gift from God (whatever name you call him by) should not be called a problem.
Jordan didn't give my child his mother's nationality, because the Palestinian government told all Arab countries to do that.
Why on earth would they do that? Just to create problems for people, and hope to make them hate? In the civilized world the baby would be a Jordanian because of where he was born, and he would also have his parent's nationality, and could choose which nationality to be when he/she became an adult.
And I must take my one-year-old baby from Jordan to Palestine, and there is no airport in Palestine. I have to add my baby to my ID Card, and the same for any subsequent baby. I hope the Abbas government will help all Palestinians who married someone of another nationality outside of the West Bank or Gaza to fix this problem by allowing his wife and children to enter Palestine.
I hope that he will
And welcome to the Blogosphere (the world of blogging).

No comments: