Saturday, May 07, 2005

Aim Blogs

Blogging about Incredible Blogs reports Ready, Set, Aim . . . Blog

That's exactly what AOL wants its AIM users to do -- maybe it should be called CB -- Chatter Blog.


I was not aware of it, but AoL now has its own blogging system, oriented around AoL's Instant Messenger AIM. I described a number of different blogging packages in my article Comparison of Blog Services, and I would say that AIM Blogs are similar to Yahoo 360 or Live Journal, and very different from the sort of blogs I prefer (however different people have different tastes, so there is clearly a niche for AIM and the others. For one thing, AIM Blogs dont have TrackBacks (I don't know whether HaloScan would work with them. They do have comments, archives, and permanent links, so they definitely are blogs.

No comments: