Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Global Warming

Jay Tea said on Wizbang The more I hear about global warming, the more I think it's to climatology as astrology is to astronomy. It has more traits of a religion than a science.... It requires "true belief," and "heresy!" is a fair description of the reactions of the true believers.

A little while ago, I asked two very simple questions that, I believe, cut to the core of the global warming argument. I never got an adequate answer, so I'm going to repeat them:

1) It seems that every single meteorological or climatological event is cited as evidence of global warming -- warmer winters, colder winters, strong hurricane seasons, mild hurricane seasons, droughts, massive rains, and absolutely nothing at all. What sort of event would the global warming advocates recognize as contradicting the theory of global warming?
They will not accept any evidence contradicting the theory of global warming. It is like someone wanting to leave Islam. It is not permitted.
2) If the earth is, indeed, getting warmer and that is a crisis, what would be the "normal" temperature of the earth? What is this magic "stable point" where everything will be just fine and dandy?

Until I hear some answers to those questions, I'll stand by Glenn Reynolds: "I'll believe it's a crisis when those who say it's a crisis start acting like it's a crisis."


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: