Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Lent

My good friend The Anchoress just emailed me (and a number of other bloggers) asking what we were giving up for Lent. Having just gotten back from voting in the Democratic Primary for Obama (although I would hate to see him win), I started to say "having a woman president in 2009", but I suspect that is not exactly what she was looking for. Let's see: I don't smoke, or drink, and my carousing abilities are very restricted. Can I give up tobacco, booze, and wild wild women? No, I didn't think that would count. Although it does seems unfair, because there are a lot of people that need to give up on some of those, and I am offering to stop all three. I am on the Atkins diet, and have been cheating on the carbs recently. I guess I can try to cut back on that, and try to stay on Induction for Lent.

I hope the Anchoress does not do as she talked about and cut back on blogging about Politics. In this crazy season we need her presence in the Blogospere.

No comments: