Saturday, February 09, 2008

Bill Clinton says he's learned a lesson

Yahoo! News Former President Clinton says he's learned a lesson
And it did not involve relations with an intern in the Oral Office.
from the dustup over his remarks on the campaign trail — he can promote his wife's presidential candidacy, but he's not free to defend her. Bill Clinton also said that everything he said in South Carolina about Illinois Sen. Barack Obama was "factually accurate," but a lot that has been said about what he said is "factually inaccurate."
But that depends on the meaning of the word "is".
"I think the mistake that I made is to think that I was a spouse like any other spouse
Not any other. Some husbands are faithful to their wives.
who could defend his candidate," Clinton said, referring to his wife, New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, who is waging a hard-fought contest with Obama for the Democratic nomination. "I think I can promote Hillary but not defend her because I was president.
Legally you can't defend her in court, but that is because you lost your law license for lying to a grand jury. And as a husband you can defend your wife. You just can't expect us to buy every wild defense just because you were president.
I have to let her defend herself or have someone else defend her,"
It's all about ME. I can't defend her. Poor ME. This means I might not get back into the White House where all of the pretty interns are.
Clinton said in an interview with NBC affliate WCSH-TV

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: