Monday, September 04, 2006

Daniel Pipes says thanks but no thanks

Daniel Pipes blogged In a statement today, Al-Qaeda's American rep, Adam Gadahn (né Adam Perlman, whom the FBI seeks "in connection with possible terrorist threats against the United States"), has this to say:

If the Zionist crusader missionaries of hate and counter-Islam
Which is it, hate or counter-Islam?
consultants like Daniel Pipes, Robert Spencer, Michael Scheuer, Steven Emerson, and yes, even the crusader-in-chief George W. Bush were to abandon their unbelief and repent and enter into the light of Islam and turn their swords against the enemies of God, it would be accepted of them and they would be our brothers in Islam."
That does not mean they would not still try to kill them. Despite the fact that Surat an-Nisa,093 (Quran 4.93) says "If a man kills a believer intentionally, his recompense is Hell, to abide therein (For ever): And the wrath and the curse of Allah are upon him, and a dreadful penalty is prepared for him." these nutcases seem to have no problem killing fellow Muslims.
So, Al-Qaeda wants me and my "sword" (a reference, presumably, to my computer keyboard) to join its efforts. My response to Gadahn:
I note your offer for me to change sides in the current war. But I am faithful to my own religion, to my own country, and to my civilization. I will do my part to defeat radical, totalitarian Islam and to usher in the emergence of a modern, moderate, and good-neighborly Islam in its place.
From your lips, to God's ear.
By way of postscript, Gadahn praises three Westerners: Seymour Hersh, George Galloway, and Robert Fisk. This is in keeping with Osama bin Laden's praising William Blum.

Michael van der Galien blogged Marvelously said

Pamela blogged Daniel Pipes is so very excellent here. Maybe Centanni and Wiig could learn something. As Mark Steyn so eloquently and succicntly wrote, " to the Islamist mind, a society with nothing to die for is already dead." I really love what Pipes wrote. And while he has more faith in the will of moderate Islam, I pray he is right.

Robbie blogged After carefully considering your offer and all that Islam has to offer, I have decided to decline your invitation to join your death cult — which at the end of the day, is exactly what Islam is.

In fact, instead of converting to your death cult, I vow to fight you, denounce you, and resist you as long as I am alive. You will have to kill me before you could get me to join you. But then again, that’s your plan anyway.

No comments: