Monday, January 23, 2006

Why?

Cat at EIMC blogged Cindy Sheehan asked President Bush, “Why did my son have to die in Iraq?”

Another mother asked Harry Truman, “Why did my son have to die in Korea?”

Another mother asked Franklin D. Roosevelt, “Why did my son have to die at Iwo Jima?”

Another mother asked Woodrow Wilson, “Why did my son have to die on the battlefield of France?”

Yet another mother asked Abraham Lincoln, “Why did my son have to die at Gettysburg?”

And yet another mother asked George Washington, “Why did my son have to die near Valley Forge?”

Then long, long ago, a mother asked, “Heavenly Father, why did my son have to die on a cross outside Jerusalem?”

The answers to all these questions are similar:

“That others may have life and dwell in peace, happiness and freedom.”


I could not have said it any better.

No comments: