Saturday, August 02, 2008

I'm Back

Sorry I was down for a couple of days. Blogger suddenly decided my blog might be a spam blog and I could not post anything until a human took a look at it and decided it was not a spam blog.

Here is what they said:

Your blog at: http://donsingleton.blogspot.com/ has been identified as a potential spam blog. To correct this, please request a review by filling out the form at ......

Your blog will be deleted within 20 days if it isn't reviewed, and you'll be unable to publish posts during this time. After we receive your request, we'll review your blog and unlock it within two business days. If this blog doesn't belong to you, you don't have to do anything, and any other blogs you may have won't be affected.

We find spam by using an automated classifier. Automatic spam detection is inherently fuzzy, and occasionally a blog like yours is flagged incorrectly. We sincerely apologize for this error. By using this kind of system, however, we can dedicate more storage, bandwidth, and engineering resources to bloggers like you instead of to spammers. For more information, please see Blogger Help: http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=42577.

Thank you for your understanding and for your help with our spam-fighting efforts.

Sincerely,
The Blogger Team
Obiously I immediately triggered the review. And during it I was able to edit an existing post, and save it as a draft, but I was unable to even post a simple notice saying why I was down, and I could not even change my template to display such a notice. At least it did not take that long to get someone to review it and unblock it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Don, I was trying to figure out what was wrong with the your blog. I wasn't able to access it, but now it seems that all is fixed.
Take care....ANON

Don Singleton said...

It was still accessible when I could not post because it was thought a spam blog. There was a time when IE users were not able to see it because of a problem with SiteMeter, but that seems to be resolved, except IE sees the font a lot larger than they should