Thursday, May 31, 2007

Wife urged man to die a martyr

BBC NEWS reported A young mother urged her husband to die as a terrorist martyr and said their baby son could follow in his footsteps, the Old Bailey has heard.... Aftab Jafferjee, prosecuting, said they were not merely radicalized Muslims but Mr Nassari was going to engage in "what he and others like him would call a jihad, but what the law describes as terrorism".

So it is ok to be a radicalized Muslim, but he was going to do something about it, which is terrorism.
"He held both the ideology and the technology with which that could be achieved," he said.
How much technology does it take?
... The letter, which was read to the jury, said:
"The moment has come that you and I have to separate for the sake of Allah. "I am so proud of my husband. I am happy that Allah has granted you the chance to be a martyr. "I am writing to let you know that you have my support and to remind you to be strong and do not let Satan influence you.
Don't change your mind, becaue there is someone else I want to marry.
.. to remind you that jihad is now compulsory and we are now obligated to protect Islam, to help our brothers and sisters to fight the kuffar [non-believer]. "I really wish I could go with you because I too feel obligated.
There are female suicide bombers/
I'd like to participate in any way I can. "Everything happens with the will of Allah. Maybe one day I can follow you. If I can't, I will send our son to you so he can follow his father's footsteps."
Robert Spencer blogged "Jihad is now compulsory" because in this view a Muslim land has been attacked, and so according to traditional Islamic law, jihad becomes fard ayn, or compulsory on every believer to aid in some way.

But prior to 9/11 the only Muslem land that had been attacked had been with the US coming to defend Muslims (Kosovo and Kuwait).

No comments: