Monday, October 09, 2006

Right to kill a tick

Last month (September 18), Biting Beaver wrote about a experience she'd had with a broken condom and a callous medical system that refused to give her emergency contraception over the counter or by prescription: Two months ago I stopped taking birth control. My body finally decided that it was fed up and the cycle of side-effects began again as they have every time I've taken hormonal contraception since I was a teenager

Maybe your body was trying to tell you to save it until you are married.
.... So for the last few months I have relied exclusively on condoms. Friday night the condom broke.
Guess what, they are not guaranteed, nor is any birth control method, other than abstinance.
But I didn't panic, I thought to myself, with a huge sigh of relief, "Wow, thank goodness it's over the counter now!" and I fell asleep (since there are absolutely NO 24 hour pharmacies within 100 miles of me). Saturday morning I awoke and phoned the pharmacy. I asked them about EC and was told that they won't be stocking it until January 1st, until then it was still by prescription only.
You should have waited till January 1st.
Soooo, I phoned my doctors office.... She explained that I needed to go to the Emergency Room to get it. My heart fell, the ER has a 100$ co-pay attached to it.
Free sex suddenly getting expensive.
"Well," I thought to myself, "that's still better than the price of a kid" so I called the Emergency Room to verify the information and to ask what their procedures were.

"Have you talked to your doctor?" he asks. "Yes, I talked to her this morning and she told me to go to the ER" I reply. "Oh, so she won't prescribe it for you?" he asks. This possibility hadn't occurred to me.
Why not? You were talking to her, and she was not willing to call in a prescription for you, was she?
I just assumed that the ER was standard procedure, "Hmmm" I say, "Well, I guess not. It's not just standard procedure to go to the ER?" .... "the problem is that you have to meet the doctor’s criteria before he'll dispense it to you.".... "Yes, his criteria.
ER docs have criteria just like your doc.
I mean...ummm...well, are you ok? Is there any, ummm....trauma?" he asks me. My face changes expression and I hurry to explain, "No, no" I said, "No. I haven't been raped. This was consensual sex.".... "Ok, well ummm....Are you married?" he mumbles the words so low I can barely hear them.... "No." I state plainly. "I am not married. I've been in a relationship for several years and I have three children, I don't want a fourth." I respond tersely.
did the condom break the other three times, or did that method of birth control also not prove 100% effective???
Fast forward to today. Biting Beaver posted I'm currently taking other steps while I gather the money I need to finish this thing once and for all. And you know what? Every time I think about it I refer to this fetus as a 'parasite', a 'tick' and other things I won't even mention
The real name for it is a baby.
.... It becomes a question of how much shit can you take before you begin to actually hate the thing in your womb.
Why do you hate it. It has not done anything to you.
Since the start of this I have been told repeatedly that I didn't deserve to live
That is not correct. You do deserve to live. Your baby just deserves to live also.
.... This is a tiny sampling and this was the response I received at taking EC. How much can one person take before they begin to hate the thing inside of them?

Riehl World blogged And she even manages an abortion bleg. Not that I'm necessarily buying all this. But one way or another, it seems to me a reasonable idea that dysfunctional idiots like this be encouraged to not breed in the first place. There's simply no room at the zoo.

La Shawn blogged It is human nature to want pleasure without responsibility and to expect our actions to have no negative consequences. Living with what we’ve done and finding the good in it despite how inconvenienced we might be is what responsible and mature humans do. But this hostile feminist blogger (profanity alert) wants no part of that, as she publicly announces on her blog an intent to have her unborn baby, whom she calls a “parasite” and a “tick,” slaughtered. Apparently, the chick was denied emergency contraception after the condom broke. Oh, the horror of having sex and actually conceiving! After she kills her child, perhaps she can sign the “We Had Abortions” petition with the rest of her proud sisters.

John Hawkins blogged See, is a fetus a baby or "a 'parasite', a 'tick'?" For liberals, it depends on whether they want the baby or not. For conservatives, it's always a baby, which means that whether you kill a baby in the womb or drop him face down into a toilet to drown when he's a few months old, there's no moral difference. If you understand that, you understand why conservatives are so hellbent on seeing Roe v. Wade overturned.

No comments: