Friday, April 28, 2006

Unleashing the unfathomable power…

The Anchoress blogged Lots of people emailed me about these obnoxious and appalling cartoons depicting Jesus - on the cross - with an erection, and him kissing (presumably Judas) with more erections.

Yes, they are offensive. Yes, the cartoons fill me with revulsion. But Dean Esmay has the response, and because I agree with every word of it, I’ll just let him relay it:

“…as a classical liberal, I support their right to do so.

However, as a Christian, I’m deeply offended by this obscene mockery of my Lord and Saviour. So in response, I’m going to unleash my religion’s most powerful weapon:

I forgive them.”
God is Just and Merciful - I’ll trust Him to sort it all out. Meanwhile, it is probably good to pray for a soul who can even come up with such ideas in the first place.
This is a good example of the difference between the Islamists and Christians. The Islamists would burn embasies and businesses, and threaten to behead the cartoonists. This is because they are so weak in their faith that they feel violence is the only answer. But Dean and the Anchoress understand what Christ said, and while they are revolted by the cartoons, they forgive the cartoonist, and leave any further response to God. The Islamists may view that as weakness, but it is not. It takes a lot of strength to forgive someone who offends you as much as these cartoonists have. And the Islamists will see that strength first hand when Christ returns for the Final Battle.

2 comments:

Noton Yalife said...

Actually, it's Dave Price who wrote the post, not Dean.

Don Singleton said...

You are correct. The website is Deans World, but it was Dave Price