Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Why I Hate Islam

Siggy blogged I hate Islam. I hate everything about what passes for Islam and I hate everyone who defends what passes for Islam. I hate Islamic politics, I hate the Islamic 'street' and I hate Islamic fueled bigotry, racism and hate. I have more than a passing knowledge of Arab Muslim history and culture and I am familiar with current Arab politics. I have visited the region a number of times and consider myself well read and au courrant when discussing Arab affairs.

The reason for my hatred of all things Muslim and Arab extends beyond the obvious. Anyone, anywhere, can decipher Arab behavior for what it is- a reflection and an example of a culture gone bad and a culture that has become morally incestuous. The impotence, ignorance and the indifference the entire Arab world is on display when it comes to dealing with their realities. The behavior is nothing short of a breathtaking view of what happens when even the most basic moralities are co opted by evil. With the help of self serving political and religious leaders, Islamic leaders have conveyed the notion that the situation Arabs find themselves in is because of, a) a 'weakness' in their faith and, b) because they are so superior by virtue of their faith, they have every right to impose at will whatever indignities they see fit at any time. They are victims and they can extract revenge as they see fit. Notwithstanding all the billions of words written to date and the billions more that have yet to be published, the two reasons referred to are the cause of Arab and Islamic discontent.

My hatred for all things Islamic stems from the truth that one of the people I admire most in the world is a Muslim. After 10 plus years, I can say my friend is the singularly most decent, honest and kindest person I know.

Your friend knows true Islam, not the warped stuff that is coming out now. I suspect he respects your faith, as you are both People of the Book. Surat Al 'Imran, 64 (Qur'an 3:64) says "O People of the Book! Let us rally to a common formula to be binding on both us and you: That we worship none but God; that we associate no partners with Him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than God." Surat aal-E-Imran, 3 (Qur'an 3:3) says It is He Who sent down to thee (step by step), in truth, the Book, confirming what went before it; and He sent down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus) before this, as a guide to mankind, and He sent down the criterion (of judgment between right and wrong).
My friend believes in God, without equivocation, and my friend is outraged at yoke that must be borne by true Muslim believers because of the disintegration of Islam. The shame of many- but not all, who go to mosques to pray, cannot be measured. My friend describes an unwritten code and language decent Muslims share, so that they might find each other. They are too frightened to speak freely and they are too frightened to stand up to the bullies that have taken over the mosques and Islamic schools. They are the messengers of those that have redefined Islam.

These evil people are bullies, plain and simple. They are 'gang members' and agents of people in far away places that have an agenda of hate and destruction. In truth, allowing political and religious leaders in the Arab world to redefine Islam is equivalent to allowing gang member inmates to redefine what is America and what are American values.

These people have stripped Muslims of almost all their dignity by stripping away even their faith. Here we are in the 21st century and there are millions of people who have abandoned God in favor of despicable rulers and despots. Islam has been replaced by a new faith that has come to worship death and destruction as the highest ideals of man.


Read the whole thing

Hat tip to The Anchoress

No comments: