In an earlier post I asked "Why don't moderate Muslims speak out about things the radicals do." BK from My Rubix Cube replied Moderate Muslims are speaking out, all the time, but the problem is that mainstream media doesn't care to listen to us.
My response was I would recommend you get a blog and speak out there. Let some of us know about it, and we can link to your blog when something comes up.
I would like to go one step further. If you are a Moderate Muslim with a blog, and
- if you frequently blog about your faith, and how consistent it is and is not, with what the Jihadists are saying
- if you believe that Jihad refers to the struggle within the soul, to do what Allah would have you do,
- if you defend the faith from critics with words, not violence,
- if you believe that Christians, Jews, and Muslims are all "People of the Book" (or ahl al Kitâb) as Surat Al 'Imran, 64 (Qur'an 3:64) says "O People of the Book! Let us rally to a common formula to be binding on both us and you: That we worship none but God; that we associate no partners with Him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than God."
- if you can accept Christians and Jews as Surat al-Baqara, 136 (Qur'an 2:136) says Say ye: "We believe in Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them:" and Surat aal-E-Imran, 3 (Qur'an 3:3) says It is He Who sent down to thee (step by step), in truth, the Book, confirming what went before it; and He sent down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus) before this, as a guide to mankind, and He sent down the criterion (of judgment between right and wrong)."
I am a Christian, and I take great pleasure in having Jesus Christ as my personal saviour, and I have absolutely no intention of changing my faith, nor do I proseletize and attempt to persuade others who are comfortable in their faiths to reject them and embrace mine. However I deeply respece Jews and moderate Muslims who worship the one true God, but who do not use violence to oppose those whose faith differs from theirs.
I expect to see both Jews, who follow the laws set down in the Torah, and Muslims, who follow the Five Pillars of Islam, in Heaven when I get there. I do not expect to see suicide bombers who kill innocents, because as their own Holy Book proclaims Surat an-Nisa,093 (Quran 4.93) says "If a man kills a believer intentionally, his recompense is Hell, to abide therein (For ever): And the wrath and the curse of Allah are upon him, and a dreadful penalty is prepared for him."