Wednesday, June 08, 2005

A blogger I respect

La Shawn Barber is a blogger I respect. On June 3 she posted a provocative entry If I See One More Koran “Mishandling” Story… and I posted Koran “Mishandling” Story in support.

Today she posted this which indicated Many bloggers linked to it, left and right. A couple of bloggers I respected on the right criticized some of the statements I made. Their ire was raised because I’ve spoke out against Islam in general. Tell me, how many people disparage Christianity every day, several times a day?

Not just individuals, but organizations like the ACLU, and stupid Judges
Do these same bloggers come to my defense the way they’ve jumped to the offense? Hardly. In fact, one of them mocked my faith in a post that may or may not have been parody. I shrugged it off as an aberration at the time.

I was angry when I wrote that Koran post, but I stand behind every word. Although I used “Muslims” as a general term, my focus was and is on Islamofascists, Muslims who believe they’re commanded by their god to conquer and kill unbelievers: Christians, Jews, and whoever else doesn’t believe in Allah.
These people call themselves Muslims, but I don't believe the are. After all, in their Holy Book Surat al-Baqara, 136 (Qur'an 2:136) it says Say ye: "We believe in Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them We are all "People of the Book" (or ahl al Kitâb) as it says in their Holy Book Surat Al 'Imran, 64 (Qur'an 3:64) "O People of the Book! Let us rally to a common formula to be binding on both us and you: That we worship none but God; that we associate no partners with Him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than God."
If saying so marks me as a religious bigot, then I’ll add the label to my collection, along with “sell out,” “race traitor,” and “House Negro.” And it won’t keep me up at night.

What makes me sick enough to vomit are not just their over-the-top tirades; it’s the way Islamofascists get a pass!
What upsets me is that the same people that demand we provide absolute respect for the Islamofacist's faith provide absolutely no respect for the Christian faith that LaShawn and I and about 80% of Americans share.
Our way of life is under attack and terrorist cells exist right here on our own soil! Yet I, mere blogger, am the dangerous one. Something similar happened when I blogged about Chris Rock’s buffoonish comedy routine at the Oscars. Black libs were all over me. Rock played to the worst stereotypes. Yet I, mere blogger, was the shameful one.

I suppose that being harshly and unfairly criticized by the left and the right is some sort of perverse compliment. They obviously find me dangerous enough or misinformed enough or ignorant enough or evil enough or interesting enough to spend time blogging about my blog. I’m being intentionally vague because, as I said, I refuse to flame. Go to Technorati and look up my URL to find posts if you’re compelled.

This is how I work: If a blogger I like writes something I don’t, you won’t find any disparaging remarks about him/her or the post on this site. If it’s something I think is seriously inappropriate, I’d e-mail them. I wouldn’t dream of publicly going off. I don’t even do that to bloggers I don’t like. But that’s my style.
LaShawn is certainly a woman of style. I personally believe in debate, so if she says something I disagree with I will post my opinion, and trackback to her so that she will know I said what I said, in case she wants to defend her opinion, but I will do so respectfully. LaShawn deserves respect.
There’s a lesson in everything, and nothing is wasted. No matter what others write about me, they won’t deter me from standing up for what I believe is right. This I know for certain: one day we’ll all know what’s right.

Until then, we blog.


I believe the proper expression here is "You Go Girl". LaShawn is correct. One day we will meet Him, and then we will all know what's right and what is not right. And until then, we will both blog what we think is right.

1 comment:

David said...

Just so.

I would have more respect for Muslims in general and Islamic leaders in particular were a couple of behaviors evident in regard to Koran "desecration."

1.) If apologists who declare Islam is a "religion of peace" were to condemn the U.S. _for allowing terrorist scum to handle Korans at all_ under the belief that allowing muderous scum and those who support them to touch the book revered by "the religion of peace" is desecration.

2.) If putative followers of "the religion of peace" did not riot and kill their fellow believers when reports of diesrespect toward the book they revered as holy were considered something to be decried, not encouraged, by Muslims in general and leaders of "the religion of peace" in particular,

If those two--or even on of them--obtained, I'd have more--make that "some"--respect for Muslims. Until they do, they can just stay out of my way.