Friday, January 23, 2009

An open administration, as long as you don't ask any questions.

Politico.com reported President Obama made a surprise visit to the White House press corps Thursday night, but got agitated when he was faced with a substantive question.
And was from the guy that just said Information will not be withheld just because I say so.
Asked how he could reconcile a strict ban on lobbyists in his administration with a Deputy Defense Secretary nominee who lobbied for Raytheon, Obama interrupted with a knowing smile on his face. "Ahh, see," he said, "I came down here to visit. See this is what happens. I can't end up visiting with you guys and shaking hands if I'm going to get grilled every time I come down here."
They are reporters, and their job is to report; not just shake hands and visiting with Potus.

No comments: