Wednesday, August 31, 2005

New Orleans Is Lost

The Dawn Patrol blogged From reader James T. Freeman III:

..... The question of New Orleans' survival as a city was in some question an hour ago. Now, I think the question may have been answered. New Orleans will not be habitable for a very long time, and then only after the expenditure of unfathomable treasure.

May God have mercy. Lord have mercy. I am out of words for prayer other than that. Lord have mercy.

I think I am going to go cry now.
Please pray for the victims and their families, and donate to relief organizations such as the Salvation Army.

I went to sleep when Katrina was still in the Gulf praying for the people of New Orleans, and all others in Katrina's path. I woke up thinking New Orleans had dodged a bullet, and that Mississippi and Alabama were getting the worst, but with the failure of the levee it appears New Orleans has been ruined as much as if the storm had not jigged east. I pray for all affected by Katrina.

No comments: