Saturday, June 04, 2005

Need photos and other art for blog

Stephen Baker blogged at Business Week Anyone know where we can find a decent selection of blogable photos for this commercial site? I'm fast giving up on Flickr, because most of the pictures are protected. I was having so much fun posting the occasional photo. If I don't find something soon, maybe I'll try to hit up my boss for a Treo--and snap my own pix. The other alternative would be to clear the ads off this site and use Flickr. Something tells me that won't fly.

I had a post all ready on this, with some recommendations, but I had my machine lock up, and I was so ticked off when I rebooted I just forgot about it, but I ran across it again today, so decided to try again. Comments to his post recommeded:

  • I'd be happy for any of my photo work to appear elsewhere on the Web - including on your weblog - as long as some minimalist credit was given (or clicking on an image took you back to my portrait site, whatever.
  • If you just need photos (royalty-free) and other general art, you should check out istockphoto.com. You will have to pay for them, but it's only $1 for a small image, ($2-medium, $3-large)...and they give away a free photo every week.
  • Robin Good's article here has links and reviews to a number of excellent photo sites.
  • Steve...check out MorgueFile. From their site: "[A morgue file is] a place to keep post production materials for use of reference, an inactive job file. This morgue file contains free high resolution digital stock photography for either corporate or public use. The term 'morgue file' is popular in the newspaper business to describe the file that holds past issues flats. Although the term has been used by illustrators, comic book artist, designers and teachers as well. The purpose of this site is to provide free image reference material for use in all creative pursuits. This is the world wide web's morguefile." Morguefile rocks.
  • If you're looking for stockphotos try StockPhotos
  • Check out this resource. It offers tons of links to free stock photography and font sites. Blue Vertigo (scroll left to right to view all links)
  • I located yotophoto.com through a Robin Good link - keyword seearch across multiple sites, many photos with rights, avail for commercial use. Pertty decent selection, too.
I would add

No comments: