Tuesday, January 06, 2009

The Left decides it is OK to be patriotic now

International Herald Tribune reported "People finally felt like our generation had reclaimed patriotism," said Haley Fagan, 24, a Berkeley paralegal who got stuck in a car trying to cross the street as the crowd surged. "It was a moment that we felt comfortable with it." After generations of finding their voice in dissidence, some Americans on the left wing are adjusting not only to a new postelection comfort with patriotic symbols,
That means they still do not understand patriotism. Patriotism is pride in one's country, regardless of who is in the White House. I salute the flag now, while George W Bush is in the White House, and I will continue to salute it after January 20 when Obama is in the White House.

I have agreed with many of the things GWB did, and disagreed with some (particularly recently, as he has been doing some stupid things to try to improve his "legacy". I am giving BO a chance, but I suspect I will disagree with him in many areas, and feel he is hurting the country. But I will still be proud of my country, and the Armed Forces that keep it safe.
but also to the political reality they represent. Believing in Obama after Inauguration Day will mean identifying with the machinery of U.S. power.

No comments: