Michelle Malkin blogged Oh, dear Lord. A jihadist plot, possibly of global scale, possibly imminent, unravels in Canada...and what do law enforcement officials do? Try to whitewash the obvious jihadi profile from the public's mind.
At the press briefing held by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police today, the suspects who appeared in court--all sporting traditional Muslim male beards and requesting Korans--were described as coming from a "broad strata" of society. (Hat tip: reader Ed)
Yes, the same "broad strata" from which the 9/11 hijackers, 1993 World Trade Center bombers, USS Cole bombers, etc., etc., etc., came.
The 12 adult suspects, again:
Such a diverse lot! A veritable Benetton ad. Can't think of a similarity among them!
1. Fahim Ahmad, 21, Toronto;
2. Zakaria Amara, 20, Mississauga, Ont.;
3. Asad Ansari, 21, Mississauga;
4. Shareef Abdelhaleen, 30, Mississauga;
5. Qayyum Abdul Jamal, 43, Mississauga;
6. Mohammed Dirie, 22, Kingston, Ont.;
7. Yasim Abdi Mohamed, 24, Kingston;
8. Jahmaal James, 23, Toronto;
9. Amin Mohamed Durrani, 19, Toronto;
10. Steven Vikash Chand alias Abdul Shakur, 25, Toronto;
11. Ahmad Mustafa Ghany, 21, Mississauga;
12. Saad Khalid, 19, of Eclipse Avenue, Mississauga.
They did come from Somalia, Egypt, Jamaica, and Trinidad, but all are residents of Canada and "for the most part" all are Canadian citizens, police said. Maybe Canada needs to review its immigration policies.Kim Priestap blogged We can surmise that the elder terrorists were teaching the youth that their allegiance was to jihadism, not to their country. At some point, once the shock wears off, the anti-war activists in Canada, and there are plenty of them as there are here in the US, will insist that the terror plot was a reaction to Canada's having troops in Afghanistan and will demand that Canada pull out.