Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Now You Can Have Google Gadgets on Your Webpage

Google Press Center announced Google Gadgets for your webpage can help make a site dynamic and rich with content. Google Gadgets, which have long been available for users to add to the Google homepage and Google Desktop, are now available for webpage owners to add to their own webpages.

Google Gadgets are miniature-sized objects that offer cool and dynamic content that can be placed on any page on the web. A directory of "Google Gadgets for your webpage" is now available for webpage owners everywhere to browse and select gadgets for their own pages, here


Examples:
I had Date and Time and Map on here, and initially they displayed what they were supposed to, but after a while that disappeared and they were just ads, so I am deleting them. So far these two seem to remain what they are supposed to be.

I left IP Address Lookup and NASA Image of the Day because they seemed to stay, but when I reposted this they turned into ads too, so I am scrapping them.

If you put these gadgets on your website I urge you to check up on whether they work, and for how long. I am disappointed.

No comments: