Monday, March 07, 2005

The First Credentialed White House Blogger...

Michelle Malkin reports that Garrett Graff--contributing editor for Washington media blog FishBowlDC--will make history as "the first known blogger to be admitted to the White House press corps." Graff has apparently been trying to get a day pass for some time.

Matt Margolis says Quick look around site indicates to me that it’s a left-leaning blog… it is self-described as a “gossip blog.” Something tells me this is just a move to put water on the fire of GannonGate.

Shane Raynor says I’m betting that this news frosts more than one member of the traditional media establishment, considering the fact that their antics are Graff’s biggest source of blog fodder.

Bob at Civil Commotion asks a very good question: Does a White House press pass mean that, in Uncle Sam’s eyes, they’re legitimate journalists?

First Read revealed something I missed: as Graff himself notes in his bio, he was Dean's first presidential campaign webmaster.

A left-leaning gossip blog is entitled to a White House press pass. Will a right-leaning political blog also get a White House press pass?

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Hi. Tulsa here too!! I was wondering if it is possible to get a copy of the application for white house press pass by Talon News, aka Jeff Gannon, aka James Guckert. With the freedom of info act, I wouldnt think it would be that big of a deal.
Thanks

Don Singleton said...

I am sure that with FOIA you can do it, but I dont know where to even start