Thursday, April 24, 2008

Wright Says His Words Were Twisted

The Caucus reported In his first wide-ranging interview since video clips of his inflammatory sermons were aired, the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. defended himself over the controversy, saying that his words were twisted.
Untwist them. What does God Damn America mean when you untwist it?
Mr. Wright, Senator Barack Obama’s former pastor, gave an interview to Bill Moyers on Wednesday, to air on PBS tomorrow. “I felt it was unfair,” Mr. Wright said, according to excerpts of the interview released Thursday. “I felt it was unjust. I felt it was untrue.
They did not say you said xxx, they showed you saying it.
I felt for those who were doing that, were doing it for some very devious reasons.”
It is called The Truth, which may be devious for you.
... “It’s to paint me as something — ‘Something’s wrong with me.
You are a racist.
There’s nothing wrong with this country … for its policies. We’re perfect. Our hands are free. Our hands have no blood on them,’” he said. “That’s not a failure to communicate. The message that is being communicated by the sound bites is exactly what those pushing those sound bites want to communicate.” When asked what the people who aired the clips “wanted to communicate,” Mr. Wright said, “I think they wanted to communicate that I am unpatriotic,
Explain God Damn America.
that I am un-American,
Explain US of KKK A
that I am filled with hate speech,
That is obvious.
that I have a cult at Trinity United Church of Christ. And by the way, guess who goes to his church, hint, hint, hint? That’s what they wanted to communicate.”

No comments: