Thursday, November 30, 2006

ACLU Nativity Scene

This is absolutely hilarious (or maybe I should say Hillaryous
Young Conservatives of Texas - UT reported The Young Conservatives of Texas - University of Texas Chapter announced today that they will be displaying an “ACLU Nativity Scene” on the West Mall of the University of Texas campus on Monday and Tuesday, December 4th and 5th. The group’s intent is to raise awareness on the extremity of the ACLU, and bring to light its secular-progressive efforts to remove Christmas from the public sphere. The display, the first of its kind in the nation, will feature characters that are quite a bit different than the standard crèche. “We’ve got Gary and Joseph instead of Mary and Joseph in order to symbolize ACLU support for homosexual marriage, and of course there isn’t a Jesus in the manger,” said Chairman Tony McDonald. “The three Wise Men are Lenin, Marx, and Stalin because the founders of the ACLU were strident supporters of Soviet style Communism. The whole scene is a tongue-in-cheek way of showing the many ways that the ACLU and the far left are out of touch with the values of mainstream America.” The scene will also display a terrorist shepherd and an angel in the form of Nancy Pelosi.

Jay blogged Its always great to see young people who know whats going on and are actively doing something about it. This is a hillarious way to raise awareness on a serious issue. I applaud!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I suppose in the same way I find every nativity scene I see on people yards and churches amusing, I can see where you would find this amusing. I have no issues with those christians that wish to celebrate their holiday though I think that some forget that they share this holiday season with at least 2 religions recognized by our government. I say let all celebrate their own way. And I wonder if anyone has realized that christmas has been moving out of the public sphere for years, or at least it’s values that are supposedly upheld by “mainstream America”. The holiday is more about you and your family not what the rest of the world does. As I understand it from those god awful years of Sunday school, the whole point of the season is peace on earth and goodwill to mankind. A celebration of the promised covenant with god being fulfilled and the ability of mankind to “saved”, you know no more sacrificing of sheep and all that. But I suppose I am just a moderate and will be trapped as such for the rest of my life I just don’t see the point of either side. Part of me is happy that not only is Christmas celebrated but also Hanukah, Kwanza, Yule, Ascension of Abdul-Baha, Alban Arthuan, Bain de Noël (Frotte feuilles) or Fete des Membres, and Zartusht - No - Diso (Fasli). This way I can raise my children aware that their religion is not the only one and how to respect other people’s choices in their beliefs. So applaud the Christians desire to keep Christmas just as I applaud all the other religions who have a holiday during the months of Nov-Dec and want to celebrate it as well. I say a main problem with the country right now is we all, conservatives and liberals, Republicans and Democrats, is we are all too eager to tell one another how we should live. Who cares I certainly don’t care as long as you are not in my home forcing me to listen, cause you know what I can change a channel, put down the book or simply walk away if I do not like/agree with what you are saying. I have a firm belief that the problem with America is we are too concerned with what our neighbors are doing as opposed to worrying about what we ourselves are doing. I truly wonder where our country would be if we spent more time talking with our families than worrying about what other families are doing especially in a season where most religions celebrate joy and love which is the most important point of this season not anyone's religion or how they choose to celebrate it.

Don Singleton said...

I agree that all should be free to celebrate whatever they want. I am just upset when governmental agencies decree that you can display a Minorah (a religious symbol for the minor Jewish holiday Hannukah) and a Star and Crescent, religious symbols for Muslim's Ramadan, but that you cannot display a Nativity Scene, which is what CHRISTmas is all about. Christmas trees refer back to the Druid religion's celebration of Winter, and Santa Claus is symbolic of the commercialization that has overtaken CHRISTmas.