Michelle Malkin has information about the Oklahoma Suicide Bomber
- Hinrichs reportedly tried to buy ammonium nitrate.
- Hinrichs has been known to visit the local Islamic center around the corner from his apartment
- Hinrichs' bomb contained TATP, the same substance used by shoebomber Richard Reid
- Hinrichs attended the same Norman mosque once attended by Zacarias Moussaoui
- FBI tells the Colorado Springs Gazette that Hinrichs had no known ties to extremist or terrorist groups.
That is good to know, but what about all of the above points?
Canadian Sentinel blogged I must ask: where is the mainstream media? Are they out of the loop? Have they lost the trust of the authorities? Do they care about the very real threat of terrorism, including inside of North America?
Dan blogged Perhaps we should not be so quick to dismiss this as an isolated case. It appears that this suicide bomber may have paid visits to his "local Islamic center."
Mike blogged But we have a right to be concerned about terrorism here in Oklahoma, at least for the following reasons:
- The questions that remain about "John Doe No. 2," who was connected with the 1995 Murrah building bombing, and who may have been an Iraqi
- The fact that Zacharias Moussaoui, the "20th bomber" in the 9/11 attacks, attended a flight school in Norman, OK, home of the University of Oklahoma
- The fact that a passenger was stopped this summer at Will Rogers Airport in Oklahoma City because he was carrying a pipe bomb in his luggage
- The fact that an alert was issued at Tinker Air Force Base in Midwest City, Oklahoma (just outside Oklahoma City) because three men were spotted outside the perimeter of the base with what appeared to be a shoulder-fired anti-aircraft missile.