Thursday, August 04, 2005

What Other Bloggers Are Blogging

La Shawn Barber blogged

  • HaloScan users, try Simpletracks. HaloScan and WordPress are having a feud of some sort.
    LaShawn is correct that we are having problems doing HaloScan trackbacks to her WordPress blog, and in fact when I only have one blog to trackback, such as this entry, I use Simpletracks or reedmaniac. The problem with using them when I am blogging about something on Memorandum is that I often have several blogs to trackback to, and HaloScan will do up to 5 at one time, while it would take 5 different invocations of Simpletracks to do it
  • Stem Cell Research: Senator Bill Frist caused a big old flap by coming out in favor of stem cell research on aborted embryos. I wonder if he’s being blackmailed? Hmm. Blogger Karen of Scottsdale, who is in a wheelchair, comments.
    As I indicated earlier, I would not object to Frist's switch to support the Stem Cell bill if he would work to try to control the number of embryos that are created in IVF procedures, that are subsequently destroyed. I fully understand the ethical problems with using the embryos for research, but I am equally upset at them being just thrown down the sink, and there is enough pressure to pass the stem cell bill that rather than trying to block it (which wont work), I would rather insert language to cut back on further embryos being created, just to be destroyed (or used in research).
  • Rice for President: One of my advertisers is a group called Americans For Rice, and I’ve been asked by several people where I stand on the Condi-for-president meme. I wouldn’t vote for Condoleezza Rice for president of the United States. First, I don’t think women generally have the sensibilities to run the country. Before you jump all over me, it’s important that you know I don’t care what you think. You’re reading this blog, so you obviously care what I think, so there it is.
    I certainly would not want to see Hillary elected President, but my objection to Rice as a candidate is that she does not have experience running for office, and would never survive the election process. I think she would make a good President, despite her Pro Choice stance. I also think La Shawn would make a good president too.
  • New/smaller bloggers, I’ve got something to say to you. One day a few of you may become huge. Your traffic and Ecosystem ranking will rise, and your reputation in the blogosphere will grow. Or not. But whatever happens, do me a favor? Don’t forget about or bad-mouth the bigger bloggers who linked to your posts and helped you back when you were smaller or first starting out, OK? It’s bad form. Especially if you asked them to link to your posts. Sadly, it’s happened to me, and it’s…sad. The bitterness dripping from one such post was…bitter, and I don’t know why it’s there. I’m not a flame warrior, so I won’t link. It really doesn’t matter who it is. Just remember old LB’s advice.
    I completely agree, and if LaShawn will tell me who it is, I would be happy to pay them a visit
  • Intelligent Design: Mike Marshall (whom I met at CPAC) discusses the Intelligent Design and government schools debate. Bryan Preston (whom I met at CPAC) at JunkYardBlog says to naysayers:
    We have lots of choices. And you libertarians seem to think that that’s a good thing. Or not. President Bush today said something about teaching intelligent design in public schools. And the libertarians react with a ferocity they generally reserve for caliphascists and Jimmy Carter-scale idiotarians….He is talking about the competition of ideas, something libertarians normally favor. But not in this context. I wonder why?
    Not too difficult to figure out, Bryan. The ungodly are afraid that God might really exist. As I’ve said before, secularism is a religion, too. But why raise your blood pressure over government schools anyway? They’re run mostly by degenerates. That’s why I say: Hooray for Homeschooling Moms!: Christian Home School Teachers’ Lounge, Homeschool Mom Blog, The Classical Family, Spunky Homeschool
    I completely agree with LaShawn that HomeSchooling is the answer for your children, but I would still like to see Public [government] schools improved. And it really ticks me off when they say ID is the same as Creationism. That is just not true. Creationism is very much at odds with Evolution, because it holds that the story in Genesis is literally true. ID is not at odds with Evolution. It is only at odds with the Secular Humanists godless version of Evolution. ID holds that Evolution was a tool that God used in Creation.

No comments: