Friday, May 20, 2005

Personal Google

Google has released their personal home page, With access to your Gmail account, Stock Market (Dow, Nasdaq, NYSE, S&P 500, Add a stock ticker:), New York Times, BBC News, Google News, Weather, Wired News, Slashdot, Movies in your Zip code, Quote of the Day, Show quotes, and Word of the Day.

Dwight blogged While it's primitive compared to what you can do with Yahoo, AOL or MSN's home pages, it's classic Google -- simple, uncluttered, to the point . . . and in beta!

Ken Leebow blogged What, no more white space? Go ahead, personalize Google.com. After playing around with it: Google, stick with the white space version. It's much cooler and the stuff you offer ain't that great. You've got a long way to go before you can match my.yahoo.com.

I like Google as my primary browser, and I frequently look at GoogleNews but I really don't see the advantage of Personal Google.

No comments: