Saturday, June 04, 2005

Koran “Mishandling” Story

La Shawn Barber blogged If I See One More Koran “Mishandling” Story…I just might buy a few to kick around myself. The madness has gone far enough. The West is too darn “civilized” for its own good. We’re teetering on the edge, ready to take a suicidal leap just to show the world how “compassionate” and “tolerant” we are. Despite what they may say, Muslims are and have always been on a mission to conquer and kill infidels. They’ve been doing it for centuries and will continue until we’re all dead, or they’re all dead, or the world ends, whichever comes first. We need to get over ourselves and focus on stopping the spread of Islamofacism. Period. Save civility and Koran “handling” for less perilous times. Allah couldn’t have a better spokesperson than a typical American journalist.

A cowardly man afraid to use his name called me an “ignorant slut” in an e-mail for daring to write that I’d kick the Koran. Classy. I wonder what he’d call Muslims, followers of Islam, who actually flush the Koran? Some of you, too many for my taste, believe that Americans should be investigated and punished for “desecrating” a book. Muslims came up with a brilliant way to have us fighting against ourselves: Let’s take this book, call it holy, and order death for followers who “desecrate” it. While we’re at it, let’s tell the whole world, including sovereign countries, that they must revere it. Anything less is desecration (including this post!). The leaders don’t have to kill their citizens, of course (unless they want to). “Investigated and punished” will do. I’ll break it down for obtuse readers. I don’t think our troops or anyone serving in the armed forces should be “punished” for “desecrating” the Koran. I think it’s idiocy of the highest order to have federal rules (or whatever they’re called) on how to handle the book and a potentially fatal distraction in the war against Islamofacism. I’m now convinced that liberalism is a mental disorder.


LaShawn must have really gotten some nasty comments because she closed comments and trackbacks after three comments, but I am honored that in response to an email from me indicating a desire to post and trackbacks, she has reopened trackbacks on this post.

As I indicated earlier I was disappointed in most of the MSM for distorting the report on the Pentagon's findings, but I was proud to see that CNN, which usually joins the MSM in attacking America, had an accurate title this time: Detainees, not soldiers, flushed Quran.

I also noticed that most of the real desecration of the Quran was done by detainees, and according to Islamic Law desecration of the Quran is punishable by death. Since the detainees are used to Islamic Law, I wonder what the MSM would have said had the soldiers shot the detainees for desecration of the Quran.

Also as I have said earlier, the few actual desecrations of the Quran were clearly done against official government policy, yet we have seen many reports where people in Saudia Arabia had Bibles taken from them and burned by official government agents, and the people with the Bibles were beaten. If Muslims want us to respect their faith and their holy book, then they need to do the same for Christians and Bibles.

After all, according to their faith God has pointed out in the Quran (Surat al-Ma'ida, 82) "You will find the people most affectionate to those who believe are those who say, 'We are Christians.' That is because some of them are priests and monks and because they are not arrogant." We are all "People of the Book" Surat Al 'Imran, 64 says "O People of the Book! Let us rally to a common formula to be binding on both us and you: That we worship none but God; that we associate no partners with Him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than God." They should respect our places of worship, as commanded in Surat al-Hajj: 40 "if God had not driven some people back by means of others, monasteries, churches, synagogues and mosques, where God's name is mentioned much, would have been pulled down and destroyed. God will certainly help those who help Him - God is All-Strong, Almighty."

These people pretend to be Muslims, but they do not obey the Quran.

1 comment:

La Shawn Barber said...

Thanks for the link, Don. One clarification. The post was never opened to comments. I disabled comments and trackbacks before I published the post. I opened trackbacks this morning because of the wonderful e-mails I got from readers and other bloggers.